The Regional Field Account Executive acts as a conduit between Merkley + Partners (NYC), the Mercedes-Benz Northeast Region (Park Ridge, NJ) and the dealer groups. This position is crucial in communicating creative strategies and programs, as well as planning and presenting media plans. This role will work out of the client office in Park Ridge, NJ alongside the Account Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Account Director and Agency media group to monitor, evaluate and enhance 20+ local market media plans on an ongoing basis.
- Build strong relationships with Clients and Dealers across the Northeast Region.
- Effectively communicate Agency POV to clients/dealer(s) with a confident understanding of Traditional and Digital advertising and media strategies.
- Join in meetings with local media partners to develop integrated media programs that deliver efficient, measurable results.
- Consult with creative, media, planning and account management to communicate client objectives and to develop alternative strategic solutions.
- Keep agency personnel informed of client requests and changes.
- Coordinate with the media, creative and production members of the account team to insure all media deadlines and rotation schedules are accurate and up to date.
- Travel within the Northeast on Dealer visits.
- Assess local market needs and develop/execute a marketing plan that generates measurable results.
- Preparation of presentation materials while working closely with clients/dealers in developing regional/local strategies.
- Ongoing competitive and budgeting reporting as well as tracking of digital metrics for local market plans.
- Maintain monthly marketing update as well as industry insights and developments related to advertising/marketing.
- Participate in new business activities as assigned.
- Position reports directly to Account Director, located in our Regional office located in Park Ridge, NJ.
- 2-5 years relevant Account Management experience.
- Understand and enjoy working in the automotive industry – passion for advertising and/or the automotive business is key.
- Understand the media landscape as it relates to automotive advertising – both national and retail.
- Solid understanding of digital media, SEM, and social platforms.
- Able to work under tight deadlines with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels.
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver.
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Maturity and judgment to represent both the Agency and client in a polished, intelligent manner.
- Persuasive writing and presentation skills.