Merkley+Partners is seeking a Group Account Director to lead multiple, well established- pharmaceutical accounts within chronic condition categories. These accounts are fast-paced, quickly growing and require a balanced of innovative strategic thinking and flawless day-to-day execution. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to balance the autonomy of account leadership while embracing the collaborative and team culture that defines Merkley+Partners.
- Responsible for profitability for one or more accounts and represents the agency at the community level.
- Manages client relationships and resolves functional conflicts through consultation with department/group heads.
- Provide personal leadership in client relations and in internal administration of accounts
Daily Duties & Responsibilities
- Insure the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns and projects to assure earnings, growth and profit goals are achieved.
- Plans, develops and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service.
- Assures that client relationships remain harmonious and that the clients receive a quality of service that will encourage further growth and profitability.
- Integrates into client team environment, is accessible for the strategic needs of the client and partners with them on their overall advertising/marketing concerns.
- Maintains open and complete communications of client issues with functional leaders and agency management.
- Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the agency to the assigned staff.
- Insure that the staff works in conformance with agency policies, procedures and public law.
- Facilitates and promotes agency and corporate initiatives.
- Be the first point of approval on time sheets, expense accounts, travel plans, vacations schedules, cash advances, and other routine requests by your group.
- Responsible for insuring the overall effectiveness of integrated accounts where applicable.
- Insures that the resources of the agency, department by department, are deployed with continued maximum effectiveness in the interest of his accounts.
- Strong pharmaceutical category is a must (7+ years)
- Familiarity with internal regulatory entities, FDA guidelines/process
- Understanding of pharmaceutical marketing best practices/requirements
- Desire to drive organic growth from existing clients
- Collaborate, team player that works well with internal departments and external agency partners