The Integrated Media Planner working on Mercedes-Benz account is a mid-level integrated position, mainly responsible for a broad involvement in the media planning process to expand individual knowledge base and media experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with Associate Media Director, Clients, and/or Account Services to establish media objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Assists and implements the management of daily tasks in support of the media product.
- Presents media plans to Associate Media Director, Account Services, and/or Client for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Meets and communicates approved plans to Media Buyers for implementation.
- Evaluates communication goals of potential media plans and makes best recommendation.
- Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for print, broadcast, or other advertising.
- Prepares media plan flow charts and manages directives to guide the execution process.
- Evaluates editorial content, ratings, and audience composition of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Confers with media representatives to evaluate best optimum use of budgeted funds to achieve marketing and sales objectives.
- Gathers statistics and from these data runs, charts and identifies trends to make the numbers reflect recommendations supported by metrics.
- Delegates to and works with those more junior on daily tasks in order to grow the Assistant’s knowledge base and expand individual management skills.
- BA/BS Degree required.
- 2-4 years of Media Planning experience required.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- DDS, Kantar/Nielsen, MRI, Scarborough, DART experience is preferred.
- Nielsen Net Ratings, Comscore experience is preferred.
- Media Tools experience is a plus.
- Leadership skills: may supervise the work of Assistant Media Planner(s).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.